Research & Development - Patents
In 1979, DYWIDAG-Systems International (DSI) was founded to distribute products for construction and geotechnical applications based on DYWIDAG patents. DSI engineers soon began to further develop this “inherited” know-how with their innovative ideas, thereby constantly improving the original products and developing new ones.
DSI permanently monitors, amends, reviews, tests, and adapts its wide product range to meet new regulations and official approval requirements. DSI attaches great importance to R&D in order to continuously provide high quality products to its customers. About 40 employees around the world are focused on R&D and engineering.
The systematic research in materials, structural engineering and construction methods is coordinated in the regional headquarters, thereby pooling and combining the global know-how from all sectors of the group for the benefit of all customers.
Consistent with DSI’s strategy “Local Presence – Global Competence”, competence centers are located throughout the world.
The consistent protection of developments through patents and utility models has been and remains a priority for DSI.
At the beginning of 2016, DSI held 56 basic patents in the Post-Tensioning & Geotechnics sector.
Recent R&D results:
- DSI was the first company to obtain a European approval for unbonded strand post-tensioning systems using monostrands
- The range of DYWIDAG and SUSPA-Systems Bonded Multistrand Tendons is the most comprehensive system of 1 to 37x0.62’’ post-tensioning tendons meeting all requirements of design consultants and construction companies
- The DYWIDAG 55x0.5’’ strand tendon system for prestressing nuclear power stations. Successfully approved in accordance with KEPIC (Korea Electric Power Industry Code)
- Superior Cryogenic Tendons: DSI’s 19x0.6’’ MA Multistrand tendons withstand temperatures down to -196°C in accordance with the latest guidelines for LNG tanks
- New DYWIDAG Bar Post-Tensioning System to accommodate the new prestressing steel grade WR 950/1050 conforming with the European prestressing level
- Development of a high-performance stay cable damper system
- Extension of size range of DYWI® Drill Hollow Bar Anchors.