DYNA Grip® Stay Cable System
Replaceability of Strands
As the PE-coating is pulled directly through the anchorage, an exchange of strands is possible at any time during the service life of the bridge without the need for renewing or replacing any other cable components.
- Strand exchange is performed directly at the anchorages
- There is no need for moving the cable’s outer stay pipe for accessing the strand bundle either at the deck or outside the pylon – no disruptions to traffic.
Fast Construction Cycles
- Lightweight equipment for strand installation and stressing operations is provided by DSI
- The use of tower cranes or other lifting equipment can be limited to a minimum
- Non-protruding recess pipes at the pylon ⇒ no additional formwork adjustment is required
- No exact dismantling of the strand’s outer sheathing is necessary. In case of stressing actions that are additionally required, the strand sheathing is compressed by small tubes in front of the wedges while the strand is pulled through and elongated by the jack.
- A compaction clamp, installed after stressing on the strand bundle, keeps the strand in a compact hexagonal pattern.